Re: [htdig] Can't get excerpts

Chad Cunningham (ccunning@math.ohio-state.edu)
Sat, 15 May 1999 16:47:23 -0400

Yes, everything works with built in templates. I've created two different
configurations with two different databases. The first config, socrates, is
the one using templates. The second config, test, is the exact same config
file except without the template maps. It uses the same rundig script except
for the different database. I've also made exact copies of the search
interface so you can see the output from each. Search for math, which should
turn up plenty of results :)

http://socrates.mps.ohio-state.edu/search/socrates.php3 - socrates config
http://socrates.mps.ohio-state.edu/search/test.php3 - test config

Needless to say, I'm very confused :) BTW, I was running 3.0beta4 or
something like that which I had initially thought caused problems, but I
upgraded to the latest (3.1.2?) and still get the same thing.

socrates.conf - the one that gives no excerpts
database_dir: /opt/htdig/db/socrates
start_url: http://socrates.mps.ohio-state.edu
limit_urls_to: ${start_url} http://socrates.math.ohio-state.edu
exclude_urls: /imp/ /mentor/ /HomeWork/ /MMA3.0/ /search/ /cgi-bin/ .cgi .pl

search_algorithm: exact:1.0 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.3
matches_per_page: 50
excerpt_length: 200
template_map: socrates socrates /home/web/search/results-template.html
search_results_header: /home/web/search/results-header.html
search_results_footer:
nothing_found_file: /home/web/search/results-nomatch.html
syntax_error_file: /home/web/search/results-syntaxerror.html
star_image: /pics/star.gif
star_blank: /pics/star_blank.gif
max_stars: 5
max_doc_size: 100000