Re: [htdig] Problem with rundig (first time)

Beat Jucker (bj@glue.ch)
Sat, 15 May 1999 12:27:29 +0200 (MET DST)

> that'll take care of digging, but you'll run into big problems with
> htsearch. apache can be configured to pass an environment to all programs
> that are spawned with the following option in the config file:
>
> "SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib:/usr/lib"

Could this solve your problem? move the original binary to another
name or directory and use a wrapper script (shell script) instead
where you can define all your environment variables.

-- regards, beat

#!/usr/bin/ksh

# wrapper for ...
HTDIG=/where/ever/your/binary/is/program

# all your environment variables ...
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib"
# others ... ?

# start real binary (do we want to pass commandline args also?)
exec $HTDIG