[htdig] Can't get excerpts

Chad Cunningham (ccunning@math.ohio-state.edu)
Fri, 14 May 1999 19:57:50 -0400

This has been driving me crazy! When I used the basic setup that came
with htdig, it worked fine. I've been trying to get my custom setup
going, but I don't get any excerpts when I run the search. I'm using a
very basic template file so I can parse it for the custom search
returning. I basically call htsearch passing it a query string with
"config=socrates&format=socrates&words=whatever" Searches fine, but all
I get is the title, url, and % match. Below are my conf and template.
Any thoughts?

htdig.conf
------------
database_dir: /opt/htdig/db/socrates
start_url: http://socrates.mps.ohio-state.edu
limit_urls_to: ${start_url} http://socrates.math.ohio-state.edu
exclude_urls: /imp/ /mentor/ /HomeWork/ /MMA3.0/ /search/ /cgi-bin/ .cgi
.pl .inc .phps
search_algorithm: exact:1.0 synonyms:0.5 endings:0.3
matches_per_page: 50
excerpt_length: 200
template_map: socrates socrates /home/web/search/results-template.html
search_results_header: /home/web/search/results-header.html
search_results_footer:
nothing_found_file: /home/web/search/results-nomatch.html
syntax_error_file: /home/web/search/results-syntaxerror.html
star_image: /pics/star.gif
star_blank: /pics/star_blank.gif
max_stars: 5
max_doc_size: 100000