Re: [htdig] Bad Pathname in htsearch output

Thu, 13 May 1999 20:12:46 -0400

>> If make didn't properly pick up the value of IMAGE_URL_PREFIX, or didn't
>> pass it on correctly to the compiler, there would be no other default
>> value to take its place, so the compilation would abort.
>
>alias on the http server and is in fact used on the htdig Web site. Mightn't
>the compilation be using such a default such that it would complete without a
>definition of IMAGE_URL_PREFIX coming in from the CONFIG file?

No. Gilles is correct--there is no default and the compiler will complain
that the symbol 'IMAGE_URL_PREFIX' is undefined. It is *only* set in the
CONFIG file. Future versions will probably have 'make install' substitute
this into the default htdig.conf file.

>Would I have to run make on the whole source tree or would it suffice to
>run it
>in htcommon alone? I would much rather the latter. I have checked the
>existing defaults.o with the strings command and found the lines

You only need to clean out htcommon and run make on that.

>I would like to find it too because I think that setting the URL's in the
>conf/htdig.conf file is disadvantageous.

OK. I personally find it *more* advantageous since I need not worry about
setting it using the CONFIG file. There is, however, no "right way" and
personal preferences are fine.