Re: [htdig] text indexing

Thu, 13 May 1999 14:09:09 -0500 (CDT)

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> On Thu, 13 May 1999, Andy Lewis wrote:
> > I have a number of text docs that I would like to index.
> >
> > The text docs don't have any extentions on them.
>
> When indexing, presently ht://Dig assumes documents w/o extensions or
> unknown extensions are text documents.

If your web server is Apache, this is controlled by the DefaultType
configuration directive in srm.conf. By default, it's set to

DefaultType text/plain

This affects files on the server with no suffix, or with a suffix not
defined explicitly in your mime.types file, nor any AddType directive
in srm.conf or a .htaccess file.