Re: [htdig] Compiler problems (unrelated to ht://Dig)

Brett Baugh (brett.baugh@cyberplex.com)
Wed, 12 May 1999 12:48:52 -0500

Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> If you think your libraries are essentially stock, then IMHO, it's a bug.

I would agree with you except for the fact that I know a few other
people using the same distribution who have no trouble at all... it's
very frustrating. I mean, you take a nice fresh hard drive, format
it, install a distribution on it, copy your /root and /home and /etc
and /whatever_else_you_wanted_to_save to it, try to compile something,
and watch it go *poof* when it tries to link it. Admittedly, it might
be the /whatever_else* that broke it, but I doubt it; I didn't copy
any libs, or headers, or replace any binaries that came in the dist.
So you can understand why I'm thinking about calling in an exorcist...

-Brett