[htdig] Release questions

Gabriel Fenteany (fenteany@calvin.bwh.harvard.edu)
Tue, 11 May 1999 00:07:44 -0400

Hello. ht://Dig is simply awesome. It's being used with great results on
our metasite, and htsearch is being executed every couple of seconds round
the clock, according to my logs. Many thanks to all the developers.

I was just wondering about when the next release is planned (approx.) and
what new features will *probably* be going into it. I'd completely
understand if you don't want to say too much for fear of building
expectations. Particularly, is phrase searching expected in the next
release? I know it's high on the list of to-dos.

One more thing - fuzzy searching is probably the most esoteric of search
topics in some ways, especially soundex and metaphone. Is there a chance
someone could point out the best links they know of for learning the basics
of these fuzzy algorithms?

Thanks!

Gabriel

--