[htdig] "no ar utility found"

Shane F. Iseminger (shane@ethosmedia.com)
Mon, 10 May 1999 14:17:36 -0700

All,

I've had decent success with htdig on past machines, but I'm having
difficulty with an installation. When I run configure, it gets to
"checking for ar..." then says:

checking for ar...missing_ar
configure: error: No ar utility found.
configure: error: ./configure failed for db/dist

At this point it stops, obviously. Now, this machine appears to have ar
in the /usr/xpg4/bin directory. I'm guessing it's looking in /usr/bin.

I've looked through configure, configure.in, and just about every other
file, but fer the life of me I can't find the line that's generating the
problem -- or where I might change the path so configure runs properly.
Ideas?

         Shane Iseminger
         shane@ethosmedia.com