Re: [htdig] Indexing virtual servers

Sat, 8 May 1999 22:22:01 -0400

At 3:54 PM -0400 5/7/99, Röder wrote:
>I want to create a database with htDig. There are several virtual
>servers
>running, so is it possible to index them directly and not through the
..
>xxx/opt/www/share/servers/www.gaudi.de/home/... an output in the indexed
>URL with
>http://www.gaudi.de/home/...

By default, ht://Dig indexes through HTTP. So if an HTTP client would see
them as those addresses, ht://Dig will see them as those addresses.

If you want to index through the filesystem, it's only slightly more
difficult. For the example you gave:

local_urls: http://www.gaudi.de/=/opt/www/share/servers/www.gaudi.de/

This will then translate most accesses to the HTTP address to the
filesystem (and obviously output URLs).