Re: [htdig] Is there a an htdig-nofollow metatag?

Geoff Hutchison (
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:41:25 -0400

>I know there is a general robot nofollow meta tag directive that htdig
>understands, but is there an htdig-specific nofollow command, like:

>(analagous to the htdig-noindex command)?

This is only retained for backwards-compatibility. Since there's already a
robots meta tag, we'd prefer to stick to the standard.

>If not, any ideas for preventing just htdig from following local links from
>a document?

Beyond using the robot nofollow command? Use the robots.txt file. You can
give specific directives to individual robots.

You can also use the noindex_start and noindex_end attributes: