Re: [htdig] HTdig won't index symlink'd text files

Nathaniel Irons (irons@espresso.hampshire.edu)
Thu, 6 May 1999 07:28:16 -0700

On 5/6/99 at 11:35 AM, peterg@teleord.co.uk (Tom Garner) wrote:

> I have a number of RFCs on my intranet site, and they're in a separate
directory, accessed via a
> symlink:
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 May 4 19:15 RFC ->
/mnt/user1/share/text/RFC

> Typically:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 39735 Jul 3 1995 RFC/RFC1112.TXT

If your limit_urls resource is still set to the default, that is,

limit_urls_to: ${start_url}

then it'll kick out anything whose path doesn't contain the root path of your
starting page. If the RFC directory is outside of that path, htdig is doing
what it's supposed to. Add the RFC directory to the start_url line in the
config file (or extend the line with a backslash and put the RFC directory on
the next line).

  -nat