Re: [htdig] metadata

Wed, 5 May 1999 12:51:41 -0500 (CDT)

According to Bertrand, via Gabriel Fenteany:
> I looked at the htdig documentation and it appears that one has to use
> the indexing robot with explicit keywords.
>
> We already have to use <meta name="keywords"
> content=CommaSeparatedListOfWords>
> to provide AltaVista's indexing robot with keywords. The Dublin core
> suggests
> the use of the name "Subject" to stipulate keywords for a resource, i.e.
>
> I know this is not your fault, but this is most unfortunate. Should VL
> members
> use all three syntaxes in their documents, to satisfy the three
> contradicting
> requirements? Is there any way we could influence the htdig people into
> using either AltaVista's or the Dublin Core's conventions?

You can use either white space (space, tab or newline) or commas as
keyword list separators in htdig. The only requirement is that you
really must quote the content= value if you use white space. By default,
htdig will allow name=htdig-keywords and name=keywords, but you can add
words like subject to the keywords_meta_tag_names attributes to allow
other keyword lists.