Re: [htdig] Three questions on htdig 3.1.2...

Wed, 5 May 1999 08:13:41 -0400

At 6:09 AM -0400 5/5/99, MSQL_User wrote:
>1) When indexing, I get "Deleted, no excerpt: <some url here>
> What is the meaning of this?

This is actually from htmerge. Some people asked for more verbose comments
on *why* documents were removed. Usually it means the URL was bad (or
simply not indexed if you used something like hopcount or server_max_docs
to limit the indexing) or the document was empty.

>2) I cannot set the URL relative image path with configure,
> now I end up with /htdig instead of /images

I know, I need to add those flags. They'll be added for 3.2, when I would
like to finally get rid of CONFIG and CONFIG.in. Personally, I set:

image_url_prefix: /icons

Since I recompile a lot, this saves me the trouble of worrying about it.

>3) a search for <whatever> returns "no words for ''" as if
> I typed an empty string, but I didn't.

Often <whatever> is simply a word in the bad_words list. I'm beginning to
think we need a separate error message for this problem.