Re: [htdig] Final ?: start_url and limit_url_to

Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Tue, 4 May 1999 14:53:37 +0200

According to Gabriel Fenteany:
>Sorry about all the questions, but since I am dealing with about 300 sites,
>I want to make sure before hand-editing for the sites without an index page.
>
>In limit_urls_to can I do:
>
>limit_urls_to: {start_url} http://foo3.com/foodirectory/
>
>etc. where {start_url} are all the sites that have an index page and I was
>able to just type in http://foo.com/ in start_url, while
>http://foo3.com/foodirectory/ is the directory that the additional start_url
>for a site without an index file.
>
>In other words, can I mix {start_url} with additional specific domains for
>the "troublesome" sites without index pages in limit_url_to?
>
>Thanks a bunch.

Yes, you can add additional URLs to the limit_url_to directive, but be
aware of the consequences that can have on other start_urls.

I think this might cause some trouble.

I'm not quite sure what ht://Dig will do with sites on the same domain
but with different URLs which might even cross over each other.

In that case, it would probably be more efficient to put only the domain
names of the sites in the limit_urls_to directive.

ciao,
  Torsten