Re: [htdig] htsearch

Mon, 3 May 1999 12:10:30 -0500 (CDT)

According to bertrand bourdon:
> I recently installed ht://Dig (3.1.2) on my computer, and I have indexed
> my site with rundig. When I search a key word with the html page named
> /opt/www/htdocs/htdig/search.html, it doesn't work.
> My database is correctly.

Could you be more specific? Do you get internal server errors, or simply
the "No matches were found" page? Are there examples of words you know
are in the database (i.e. in db.wordlist) but htsearch doesn't find?
How did you confirm that the database is built correctly? Did you try
htsearch in interactive mode, from the command line?

> How use I the -v option for htsearch in the html page ?
> May be configuration parameters (CONFIG_DIR ...) ?
> Has anyone had similar problems?

I don't know of any way of using htsearch -v from a search form. You
could probably use a wrapper script that would call htsearch, but what
it would output would likely end up confusing your web server.

You should try htsearch -v from the command line, to see where/why your
searches are failing.

It's probably not a problem with CONFIG_DIR. If htsearch can't find
the configuration file, it will tell you so quite clearly.