Re: [htdig] Internal Server Error

Mon, 3 May 1999 11:37:46 -0500 (CDT)

According to Jorge:
> I'm using htdig with Apache_1.3.3 web server and this morning, when I
> try to do a search, appears this error in my Browser:

> Internal Server Error

> unable to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@dvnet.es and inform
> them of the time the error occurred,
> and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
>
> Premature end of script headers: /home1/apache_1.3.3/cgi-bin/htsearch
>

> Apache/1.3.3 Server at nuevo.conferco.es Port 80
>
> Somebody know why this is happening?

Premature end of script headers usually means that htsearch died before
outputing its "Content-type: text/html" header. Check the server error
log to see if it gave any error messages at that time. If that doesn't
help, try running htsearch in interactive mode, from the command line,
to see if it dies that way too. If you get a core dump, get a stack
backtrace from the debugger to see where it's dying.