Re: [htdig] (None of the search words were found in the top of

Sat, 1 May 1999 19:09:28 -0400

At 11:05 PM -0400 4/30/99, Daniel Marek Gradzikiewicz wrote:
>I keep on getting almost 1/3 or all my results dont contain that word.
>"(None of the search words were found in the top of this document.)

This message does not just come up when the word isn't in the document. As
it says, it might not be in the *stored* excerpt, limited to
max_head_length characters.

Besides META keywords and descriptions, ht://Dig indexes the text of links
leading to documents. Usually this is a very accurate description of the
document, but it is not always. If you wish to disable this behavior, set:

description_factor: 0

Then rebuild from scratch.

There are also a number of "fuzzy" matching algorithms. These can produce
varying results. I usually stick to the "synonyms" and "endings" fuzzies,
though these can stil produce matches that are not exact.