Re: [htdig] absolute locally?

Sat, 1 May 1999 09:17:04 -0400

>Will htdig follow the absolute link to "blah.html" or will it see that it
>starts with "http://" and assume it is an external URL and not go to it and
>index it? Should I harangue these site maintainers until the change all

It doesn't matter what form the URLs are in. All URLs are converted to
absolute URLs, "normalized", and compared against the limits of the search.

In your example, it will see that both URLs are on the same server and
index it. The only way it *WOULDN'T* be indexed is if the config was
something like this:

start_url: http://theirsite.com/index.html
limit_urls_to: ${start_url}

Then the search will be truly limited to just that one page. It's probably
not what the person intended, but ht://Dig is really doing what it's told.