Re: [htdig] Converting Keyword Spaces in Results for Linking

Fri, 30 Apr 1999 19:37:49 -0400

At 6:04 PM -0400 4/30/99, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

>Ultimately, I think it would be great to extend the variable substitution
>mechanism for templates to allow substitutions of URL-encoded forms of any
>variable. E.g. something like:
>
> $(WORDS) - unencoded
> $%(WORDS) - URL-encoded
> $&(WORDS) - SGML-encoded

That's a good idea. In the 3.2 tree, we already have the SGML encoder, and
it already translates excerpts. The URL-encoding code is necessary in a few
other places, so using it here won't be difficult.

I like the syntax you used, and once the URL-encoding class is written,
implementing this will be easy.

Back to work...