Re: [htdig] Converting Keyword Spaces in Results for Linking

Doug (
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:47:48 -0700

Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> Ultimately, I think it would be great to extend the variable substitution
> mechanism for templates to allow substitutions of URL-encoded forms of any
> variable. E.g. something like:
> $(WORDS) - unencoded
> $%(WORDS) - URL-encoded
> $&(WORDS) - SGML-encoded
> Thoughts? Is this worth implementing?

        Yes, I was thinking the same thing myself. I believe that the more options
we can offer people the greater ease they will have in customizing htdig to
meet their own needs. One of htdig's core strengths is the (relative) ease
with which it can be customized, it would be nice to continue building on