Re: [htdig] Converting Keyword Spaces in Results for Linking

Fri, 30 Apr 1999 17:02:41 -0400

At 4:16 PM -0400 4/30/99, NetCent Pub wrote:
>For an IE user, this wouldn't be a problem, IE would automatically convert the
>space to a %20 and the engine works with that too. But if the user is running
>Netscape, the space wouldn't be converted, and the results would be skewed.
>
>Any idea on how to accomplish this?

I think your best bet is to write a small Perl or PHP "wrapper" for the
search results and change the spaces using the wrapper. For a Perl example,
see the files in contrib/ewswrap

For a PHP wrapper, I'll be uploading one contributed by Torsten Neuer this
evening to the contrib section of the website.