[htdig] htsearch and user access

Steve Chadsey (schadsey@anathema.lightbridge.com)
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:47:41 -0600

Hello,

I have installed and configured ht://Dig with no problems, except for
the following logistical one. I have a site in which any given
web-authenticated user has access to certain documents. Some users have
permission to view some documents, some all, some no docs at all.

When htsearch is run, it returns all possible documents, whether the
user can access them or not. Is there any way to tell htsearch to only
look at certain documents out of the whole, in searching? How have
other people tackled this?

One solution is for me to use one of the contrib/ scripts to parse the
output from htsearch, but that would be a pain.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--
Steve Chadsey                       "Is death another birthday, a way to
                                kiss your dreams goodbye?  Do the undead