Re: [htdig] ISPs with ht://Dig

Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:33:11 -0500 (CDT)

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Torsten Neuer wrote:
> > >How about adding a field to the uses.html page that would indicate whether
> > >the site provides hosting services with access to ht://Dig?
> >
> > Sounds good to me. That way the ht://Dig community remains neutral
> > with regards to their attitude towards those ISPs.
>
> I was actually imagining a smaller, separate list. At some point, I should
> put some sort of neutral disclaimer on the uses.html page since some of
> those links point to commercial enterprises. After all, we're not
> endorsing these sites, but it may be thought that way.
>
> So I'll make up an isp.html file (with form) and we can start adding to
> it. Sound neutral enough for everyone?

Sounds good to me. I think the instructions on isp.html should also make
it very clear that this is only for ISPs who a) offer web site hosting
services to third parties, and b) offer ht://Dig as a search engine
for any of their hosted sites (though not necessarily exclusively).
ISPs that don't meet these conditions should be removed from the list.