Re: [htdig] Running htdig while search engine is up

Geoff Hutchison (
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:02:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Gabriel Fenteany wrote:

> while it is running, right? I know the distributed rundig file makes htdig
> run and erase the database file first, so that search functions are down
> while indexing. But what about just running htdig directly with the simple
> command "htdig" and then running "htmerge" separately afterward.

Currently running htdig will disable search functions while indexing. If
you want to search while indexing, you need to use the -a flags for both
htdig and htmerge and then move the files afterwards.

I believe there are some example scripts that do this in the contrib/
directory of the distribution and on