Re: [htdig] missing excerpts

Nathaniel Irons (irons@espresso.hampshire.edu)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 19:20:21 -0700

On 4/29/99 at 9:30 PM, ghutchis@wso.williams.edu (Geoff Hutchison) wrote:

> Hmm. Are you running htdig every day? (If so, are you using RedHat's
> vixie-cron?) Have you tried rebuilding the databases from scratch? (If so,
> did it return to normal?) Are you reindexing using the -a flag?

I haven't gotten to a point of automation yet, so all my index creations have
been by hand. It's a small enough set of sample data that it only takes about
five minutes to rebuild (at least since I thought to investigate approaching
it through the filesystem), and I've done so frequently, typically using -isvc
path/to/config. I've never used -a. The server is running FreeBSD 2.2.7.

If it's useful to see firsthand, the data I'm indexing is at:

http://bumppo.net/lists/macperl/1999/

And the search interface is at:

http://bumppo.net/htdig/search.html

It's all pretty raw-looking at the moment, while I work out the automation.

> Honestly, I've been trying to keep up with my normal end-of-semester stuff
> as well as trying to get some code done. The website has been lower on the
> priority list. Website contributions are always welcome.

is the website in CVS? I'll check. It's a relaxing design; probably the most
consistent use of frames I'm aware of.

Much obliged.

  -nat