Re: [htdig] missing excerpts

Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:30:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Nathaniel Irons wrote:

> Is there something I might have done to cripple this feature, or that I can do
> to restore it? I'm indexing several months of mailing list traffic, converted
> to HTML with mhonarc; virtually all the messages are just a few kilobytes.
> Searching still works fine; I'm seeing precisely the same results as I did
> before the excerpts fled.

Hmm. Are you running htdig every day? (If so, are you using RedHat's
vixie-cron?) Have you tried rebuilding the databases from scratch? (If so,
did it return to normal?) Are you reindexing using the -a flag?

> Also, is there a search interface to this list aside from the "Quick Search"
> at the bottom of the navigation frame? I had expected to find something
> showing off a little more of ht://dig's power, but was unsuccessful.

What can I say? We've been neglecting the website a bit. Take a look at
the version message returned by the searches too. :-)

Honestly, I've been trying to keep up with my normal end-of-semester stuff
as well as trying to get some code done. The website has been lower on the
priority list. Website contributions are always welcome.