Re: [htdig] How to exclude all but one CGI URL ?

Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:02:02 -0500 (CDT)

According to Claudio Nieder:
> normally the
>
> exclude_urls: /cgi-bin/ .cgi
>
> is fine for me, because I don't want to index pages generated by the
> by scripts.
>
> But there are some exceptions to this general rule. Is there any way
> to say exclude /cgi-bin/ except http://server/cgi-bin/menu.cgi?

Sorry, I can't think of any way to do this offhand. There's talk right
now about putting regular expression handling in ht://Dig, which may
help in cases like this, but until that goes in you may be out of luck.

> BTW searching the htdig web site I saw a few mailing list articles
> mentioning a include_urls: directive, but there is no description
> of such a directive in the configuration file guide.

No, there's an exclude_urls, but no include_urls. The mailing list
articles must have been in error. The closest thing to include_urls would
be limit_urls_to or limit_normalized, but exclude_urls overrides these.