Re: [htdig] Just installed: Unable to open db.wordlist

Gabriel Fenteany (fenteany@calvin.bwh.harvard.edu)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:03:36 -0400

Actually, the problem went away when I checked the starting URL list of the
htdig.conf. I had cut and pasted a long list of sites we are indexing, and
apparently and we lost the whitespace between the sites in the process.
Manually fixing it and rerunning rundig corrected the problem. So I don't
know. It could have been that I "inadvertently" fixed something else that
was wrong in the htdig.conf, but that was the only thing I remember doing.

Anyway...

Thanks!

Gabriel

> According to Geoff Hutchison:
>> On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Gabriel Fenteany wrote:
>>
>> > now when I run rundig to start building a database, I get the message:
>> > htmerge: Unable to open word list file
'/usr/local/etc/htdig/db/db.wordlist'

http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil