Re: [htdig] Just installed: Unable to open db.wordlist

Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:45:50 -0500 (CDT)

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Gabriel Fenteany wrote:
>
> > now when I run rundig to start building a database, I get the message:
> > htmerge: Unable to open word list file '/usr/local/etc/htdig/db/db.wordlist'
> >
> > That's where I specified installation in using the ./configure with options.
> > In that directory there is a db.wordlist.new and that's all.
>
> OK, so you ran the rundig script. Are you saying there's *nothing* in that
> directory except a db.wordlist.new file?
>
> If so, it didn't manage to run htdig at all and I would expect some other
> error messages. What files are in the directory /usr/local/etc/htdig/bin ?

Or htdig ran, but didn't dig anything. This error is consistent with
what happens when you try to dig a site that doesn't have an http server
running at the time. Run htdig or rundig with -vvv to see why it's
failing, or point a web browser at the site to make sure the server is
indeed up and responding to requests.