[htdig] Searching for numeric values

Paul Wolstenholme (wolstena@oscar.cprost.sfu.ca)
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:52:22 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using htdig 3.1.2 on FreeBSD Stable 3.1. It's always worked great
(except I want to be able to limit searches by meta-tags). I just finished
setting up a new database for a site. It has many references to the 2000
thing but when I tried to do a search for '2000' I recieved no results. I
tried putting 2000 in single and double quotes which made no

I checked the faq and the mail archives (1999) but didn't find anything
relating the the problem. What's up? Are numbers not archived? Is it a
configuration thing? A bug or feature maybe?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Paul Wolstenholme
Simon Fraser University
Centre for Constructive and Experimental Mathematics (CECM)
Vancouver, BC Canada