Re: [htdig] htsearch: "macro substitution" for KEYWORDS

Gilles Detillieux (
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:14:48 -0500 (CDT)

According to Frank Richter:
> in a search form for htsearch I'm using
> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="keywords" VALUE="word_has_to_be_in_result">
> In the "header" file for the search results page I use:
> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="keywords" VALUE="$(KEYWORDS)">
> Unfortunately $(KEYWORDS) isn't substituted like $(RESTRICT) or so.
> Could this be added?

You're right. This does appear to be an oversight. One of the things I
was hoping to do for the 3.1.2 release was to systematically go over all
input parameters in htsearch to make sure they're handled consistently,
unless there's a good reason for any of them to be handled differently.
Unfortunately, I ran out of time. I'll try to do this for 3.2.

In the meantime, I think you can kludge it up to support this sort of
propagation of the keywords by adding this attribute to your htdig.conf:

allow_in_form: keywords

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: