Re: [htdig] <-- --> Next/Last Results Problems

Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:00:02 -0500 (CDT)

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> At 10:22 PM -0400 4/27/99, Tim Perdue, Geocrawler.com wrote:
> >Too bad that shiny new 18GB disk I bought *last thursday* is already 76%
> >full with just *indexes* (and I'm not using -a at all).
> >
> >Yikes! 8-)
>
> There are ways this can be cut down. In particular, since you won't be
> doing update digs, you don't need to keep the (large) db.wordlist file. You
> can also change the size of the stored excerpt by changing the
> max_head_length attribute. You can also use zlib compression on the
> document excerpts, which helps some.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't htmerge -m new.conf NEED the old and
new db.wordlist files to stick around? The way I see the code working,
it merges the docdb and wordlist from two separate digs, then subsequently
builds the new index from the merged wordlist. I realise that this will
eventually change in 3.2, but for the time being, it seems that you still
need the wordlists to stick around.