Re: [htdig] <-- --> Next/Last Results Problems

Tue, 27 Apr 1999 22:42:45 -0400

At 10:22 PM -0400 4/27/99, Tim Perdue, Geocrawler.com wrote:
>That seems to clear it up totally. I was wanting to use text anyway, but
>didn't know how.

OK. I won't worry on the details of what was going on.

>Too bad that shiny new 18GB disk I bought *last thursday* is already 76%
>full with just *indexes* (and I'm not using -a at all).
>
>Yikes! 8-)

There are ways this can be cut down. In particular, since you won't be
doing update digs, you don't need to keep the (large) db.wordlist file. You
can also change the size of the stored excerpt by changing the
max_head_length attribute. You can also use zlib compression on the
document excerpts, which helps some.