Re: [htdig] Search works using IE but fails with Netscape

Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:28:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Daniel Marek Gradzikiewicz wrote:

> I found that if I use the restrict tag, it fails to work with netscape. No
> matter what syntax...
>
> <input type=hidden name=restrict>
>
> once this was in the html code, Netscape would not FIND anything... while with
> IE I would get some 1500 hits...

Wait a second. You don't have anything in that restrict tag. Try something
like:

<input type=hidden name=restrict value="">

I'd be interested to see the responses Netscape and MSIE sent. I would
guess MSIE figured out the incorrect HTML and set value to empty. I have
no idea what Netscape sent, perhaps garbage which could easily never match
a URL of a result.