Re: [htdig] Compiling problem on Solaris 2.5.1

Thu, 8 Apr 1999 20:44:07 -0400

At 5:01 AM -0400 4/8/99, Guido Selva wrote:
>I have Solaris 2.5.1 with libstdc++ 2.8.1.1 and while trying to compile
>htdig 3.1.1 I receive the following error message:

>__eh_pc
>/usr/local/lib/libstdc++.a(fstream.o)
>ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to htfuzzy

I can't remember if someone already answered this. I'm going to take a stab
and say that you're using egcs since the missing symbol is part of the new
exception handling code in egcs (and I believe in gcc-2.8.x). If so, you
need to install a newer version of libstdc++, like the one that comes with
egcs.

You might also be able to compile with -fno-exceptions and turn off the
exception handling. This would be a workaround until you compiled the new
libstdc++ if it works.