Re: [htdig] problems with endings and excerpt displaying

Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:02:48 -0500 (CDT)

According to Bea:
> >>On the two machines, the configuration file and the indexed pages are the
> >>same.
> >
> >Are the *versions* the same? There were a few bugs with excerpt display
> >that were only fixed in version 3.1.0 and later. Since you mention it being
> >your ISP's machine, it's possible it's not as up-to-date as yours.
>
> No, htdig was not installed on my isp's machine. We made the installation,
> both are the 3.11 versions.

Do they have the same search_algorithm attribute setting? The same
endings database? The endings database is created by "htfuzzy endings",
and consists of word2root.db & root2word.db, which htfuzzy makes
from english.0 & english.aff by default. If you use different
endings_dictionary or endings_affix_file on these two systems, that
could account for the different results.