Re: [htdig] case insensitive javascript exclusion

Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 12:48:30 +0200

On Thu, 01 Apr 1999, Jaap de Heer wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a little problem excluding JavaScript from ht://dig
>indexes, being that the noindex_start, noindex_end
>attributes are apparently case sensitive.
>So when i set them to <SCRIPT and </SCRIPT>, pages with
>lowercase tags (<script>, </script>) still get indexed -
>including the JavaScript.

You should rather exclude the javascript stuff using SGML
comments as also suggested by W3C for compatibility with
old browsers. Any search engine robot is such an "old
browser".

hth,
  Torsten