RE: [htdig] Searches on Date Ranges

mike grommet (mgrommet@insolwwb.net)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:35:41 -0600

I feel tho that the sorting on date capability is needed, in many cases.
(not to mention, in my current project <g>)

I believe that many of the expensive commercial search engine alternatives
allow this capability... I know that Ultraseek does, but egads they want a
lot
of money for that software.

htdig is a great package nd most of the framework already exists from what
I can see in the code, we just have to hammer out the implementation details

It seems to me that date+time is not so much useful as just date.
No one is indexing on the fly anyway right? So I assume we could just zero
out the
hrs, mins, second fields of the date+time?

I would expect the entering of dates
using month, day, year select boxes (1 each). Then, htsearch can piece them
together into one long string
for the comparison?

Also, we definately need to consider the possibility of the user
entering in an invalid date, such as Feb 30, and such.

More opinions?