Re: [htdig] Directory structure "virtual environment" problems

Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:44:13 -0600 (CST)

According to Shawn Patton:
> That appeared to work!... It does the search now and displays the results.
>
> But I am now getting a new error.
> DB2 problem...: /usr/home/my_user_space/usr/local/htdig/common/word2root.db: No such
> file or directory
>
> The above file does exist.
>
> Excuse my ignorance here, but is Htfuzzy the culprit? Would I have to now recompile
> Htfuzzy with my virtual environment? Please take my idea here with a grain of salt
> as
> I'm getting more lost by the minute.

If the file exists, then it would appear that htfuzzy created it without
a problem. The problem is most likely that htsearch doesn't like the
paths in your htdig.conf file. In a virtual environment like yours,
where htsearch runs chroot()'ed, you can't use the same htdig.conf for
htsearch as for the rest of the ht://Dig indexing tools, because it needs
paths that work in its virtual environment, namely the settings for
common_dir and database_dir.