RE: [htdig] Searches on Date Ranges

mike grommet (mgrommet@insolwwb.net)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:49:24 -0600

The person asking (at least at one point) was me.

I haven't had time to implement the details at all, thanks to other
workloads, but lo and behold, today is the day I begin on this particular
project.

I just happened to hop in here and noticed the conversation...

So is someone already implementing this? or am I the lucky one?
I don't mind so much, its just that I'm not as hot at reading other people's
code, and htdig is fairly complex.

I am certainly not opposed to doing this, as I will be billing the client
for my time anyway :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Geoff Hutchison [mailto:ghutchis@wso.williams.edu]
Sent: Monday, March 29, 1999 7:53 PM
To: htdig@htdig.org
Cc: htdig@htdig.org
Subject: Re: [htdig] Searches on Date Ranges

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Vishal Shah wrote:

> I would like to include searching on date ranges in one of my Htdig
> implementations. Is there a way that I can do it with the latest version
> ?

Not at the moment. The biggest problem is working out how dates would be
input to the search. Since the CGI must be able to work out the date
format (e.g. MM/DD/YY v. DD/MM/YY), it's a bit tricky if you just let the
user enter a date.

I seem to remember someone saying they were working on this and I gave
them some advice. But I can't find the e-mail...

Sorry,