Re: [htdig] max_hop_count attribute

Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:28:08 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Patrick Dugal wrote:

> It would matter because documentation says that the max_hop_count
> attribute only works reliably when a complete index is created, not an
> update. If the updating works for you, I'll have to test it out

I didn't say updating works reliably (it's getting there, and it's
probably fine in the single server case). You asked about '-a' which just
means using alternate files. To update, you need to have old databases
with the same names around. If you use -a, this means those databases have
to have the .work name. Thus -a doesn't really have anything to do with
"updating" since it just changes the name of the databases used or
created.

If you don't have old databases, even if you don't specify the '-i' flag,
there's nothing to use for an update. Thus it's functionally equvalent to
creating a complete index.

Does that make any sense?