Re: [htdig] max_hop_count attribute

Patrick Dugal (patrick.dugal@nrc.ca)
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:27:49 -0500

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Patrick Dugal wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any idea what happens if the htdig -a option is used in
> > combination with the max_hop_count attribute?
>
> Why would the -a matter? (In other words, it works fine for me. ;-)

It would matter because documentation says that the max_hop_count attribute only works reliably when
a complete index is created, not an update. If the updating works for you, I'll have to test it out
for myself. But before I run the thing for three or four days (over 120,000 documents), I wanted to
check with the list.

Pat :)