Re: [htdig] Searches on Date Ranges

Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:21:22 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 nets@searchtools.com wrote:

> Doesn't the HTTP header give you the file modification date? And I
> sure hope it's in the format YYYY so it will work next year, too ;-)

No, that's not the problem. We already get the date of the documents from
the HTTP header. The problem is how you get the date from the *search
form* since the most obvious solution (a text field for users to input a
date) requires working out the date format.

So my question is this: do we just limit the format? If so, what do we
use? If not, how do we figure out the format used?