Re: [htdig] Directory structure "virtual environment" problems

Geoff Hutchison (
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:09:22 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Shawn Patton wrote:

> 1) Add the following line:
> VCONFIG_DIR= /usr/local/htdig/conf
> 2) Edit CONFIG_DIR in the following line from:
> to:
> 3) Move to the Htsearch source directory and run make on the edited
> Makefile.
> 4) manually cp *new* Htsearch binary to cgi-bin directory.

OK, I see the problem here... The top-level Makefile.config defines the
default config file. It doesn't pay any attention to $(CONFIG_DIR). Edit
that and you should be set:

(or edit the CONFIG file)
(Suggestions on Makefile cleanups are more than welcome!)