Re: [htdig] Directory structure "virtual environment" problems

Shawn Patton (Shawn@fraservalleymall.com)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:00:06 -0800

Andrew,

Thanks for your help. I am attempting to do as you said with ineffective results.

Here is what I am doing to make only Htsearch.

I edit the Makefile in the Htsearch install directory as follows:

1) Add the following line:
    VCONFIG_DIR= /usr/local/htdig/conf
2) Edit CONFIG_DIR in the following line from:
    LOCAL_DEFINES= -DCONFIG_DIR=\"$(CONFIG_DIR)\"
to:
    LOCAL_DEFINES= -DCONFIG_DIR=\"$(VCONFIG_DIR)\"
3) Move to the Htsearch source directory and run make on the edited
    Makefile.
4) manually cp *new* Htsearch binary to cgi-bin directory.

For some reason it is not recognizing my changes. Would you see what I
am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Shawn