Re: [htdig] Newbie Q: Functionality of htdig

Mon, 29 Mar 1999 12:27:03 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Torsten Neuer wrote:

> Well, I could imagine regex-replacing the output of htsearch in a
> PHP/3 or CGI wrapper script which then would just pass the requested
> URL on to another wrapper which in turn does the hilighting. That
> way you won't get the document directly from the server but modified.
> Together with the anchor feature of ht://Dig that would be exactly
> what Sasa asked for.

True. But as I read it, the question was "does *ht://Dig* do this?" So my
answer was no.

PHP or CGI would do this nicely. Then again, there are other
document-publishing systems on UNIX that do this already... No use
repeating the effort...

(Of course if someone wants to contribute a CGI wrapper or PHP code to do
this, I'd be glad to put it on the website.)