Elizabeth Carmack (ECARMACK@tnrcc.state.tx.us)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:00:23 -0600
Any chance anyone has answers to any of the following six questions
about whether ht://Dig performs these specific functions? Any help
would be greatly appreciated!!
1. When indexing the site on second and subsequent times, does it just
search for new files and add those to what it has indexed so far, or does
it recreate everything from scratch?
2. Can you set it up so that the site will be indexed any time of day you
3. Does it understand a search query involving number ranges?
4. When documents are searched for a particular term, does it weigh the
document content/structure? For instance, does it take into consideration
relative word ordering, word proximity, and word position in text?
5. Will it allow you to create custom concept/acronym definitions?
6. Does it understand natural language?
Again, many thanks to the mailing list for helping me out with my
evaluation of this software.
Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission
To unsubscribe from the htdig mailing list, send a message to
email@example.com containing the single word "unsubscribe" in
the SUBJECT of the message.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.0b3 on Mon Mar 29 1999 - 10:21:08 PST