[htdig] Link checking and reporting

Ivan Trundle (ivan.trundle@alia.org.au)
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 16:09:14 +1100

A quick note to all to thank you for all your help in setting up
ht://dig. Our search tool is working very well, and I am very pleased
with the results, and the ease at which a Sherlock plug-in was able to
be made, too! Congrats to all and especially those who pitched in to
answer my queries.

Still fine-tuning elements of htdig and htnotify -in my travels of the
archives someone mentioned that they had a Perl script that mails them
site 404 errors. Could that person (Nico?) mail me directly if they are
willing to share the script? I'm looking for easier ways of finding and
fixing the 100's of borken links that I have now found...

TIA, Ivan