[htdig] Limiting depth of a search

Andrew McCarthy (a_mccarthy@hotmail.com)
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:13:34 PST

Hi folks,

I have a small configuration problem which I can't find a way around.

I have a directory called /webtree/users/ which has further user
subdirectories. I only want the files within this directory to be
indexed, however, as the subdirectories should be indexed as /~username.
(Getting them indexed as that is fine - the problem is that some are
being indexed twice, as /users/username and /~username.)

I can't find any way of allowing htdig into the directory but stopping
it going any deeper. If I use the exclude_urls directive, I lose the
files in the directory itself also.

Thanks,

Andrew