Re: [htdig] Merging databases

Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:57:40 -0600 (CST)

According to Shane Y. Gibson:
> Duh! I meant to type "htmerge"!! So...what you're saying I
> should do is the following:
>
> htmerge -a -m external.conf -c internal.conf
>
> Which would take the External database and merge it in with the
> internal database??

As far as I know, yes, that should do it. I've never actually used that
feature myself.

I don't know what will happen if you subsequently run an update dig on
internal.conf, though. It may try to dig the external pages as well.
If that's the case, it may be better to copy the internal dbs to a set of
master dbs, then merge the external dbs into the copy, so you can update
either of the original internal and external dbs separately. This would
require a third .conf file for the master dbs.